Volunteers who have met the requirements will RECEIVE THEIR INVITATION to attend during the 1st week of August 2022.
Celebrating thirty-five years makes this event an extraordinary occasion. So, in addition to expressing our gratitude, we intend to use this Summit as an opportunity to build momentum and excitement that will take us into a future of tremendous growth for YVC.
Who:Summit is open to all YVC Program Directors, Executive Directors, Team Leaders, and Youth Volunteers and will also be open to YVC Alumni and donors this year.
What:A one-of-a-kind experience with your YVC family. We will spend time learning from each other, celebrating each other’s successes, and plotting our way forward. Summit is where we grow together and connect with others across the network.
Why:More than ever, we need the strength of our community to tackle the dynamic and changing needs of running a youth development program.
When:Save the Date for October 7 and 8 (Summit activities will occur early morning Friday Oct 7 and go through late evening Oct 8 please plan to arrive Thursday, October 6 for check-in and leave Sunday, October 9).
Kansas City, MO, at the Stoney Creek Hotel.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- If my volunteer did not meet the qualifications to attend, can they still go if I pay for the trip?
- We would love for everyone to be able to attend but we only have room for a certain number in our transportation and chaperoning duties.
- If I can't afford all of the registration fee, can I pay what I can and get a scholarship for the remainder?
- Absolutely, as long as we still have scholarship money left we will pay for anyone that has a need.
- How many people will be in the room with my volunteer?
- We do not allow volunteers to share a bed while on a YVC trip unless they are related and the parents approve of this. Your volunteer will have one room mate in their room and no other volunteers will have access. We will have a lights out time for each night there and will be doing room checks to assure everyone is in their location.
- What about the days my volunteer will miss school?
- We have always had the complete cooperation of all schools when we call for their permission for the students to miss classes for the YVC Summit. As this is a service learning conference, most schools will excuse the students for the day with no consequences. You may want to see if there is any work your volunteer may complete in advance so they will not have as much to catch up on.